At iMMAP, we leverage our multi-sectoral expertise and team to deliver services to meet your most critical needs. We support our partners to respond appropriately to some of the most pressing real world challenges with practical, evidence based solutions.
- DATA COLLECTION : The iMMAP team specializes in data collection and verification services, including the development of appropriate methodologies, for needs assessments, impact surveys, emergency mine action surveys (EMAS), third party evaluations, and monitoring and evaluation. We directly conduct and/or support data collection activities, including assessments and surveys, employing both mobile and remote data collection. The iMMAP team disseminates data and information, and/or provides controlled access, based on the security and confidentiality needs associated with the information. When necessary, iMMAP aggregates information products up to an appropriate scale prior to release.
- DATA ANALYSIS : iMMAP’s information management experts clean, process, and analyze data to derive accurate, actionable knowledge. We provide both quantitative and qualitative analysis, including spatial and statistical analysis, customized to meet the end information needs. iMMAP shares information and information products through the development and dissemination of reports, cartographic and infographic products, newsletters, and web-based platforms.
- INFOGRAPHICS AND MAPPING: iMMAP provides data visualization services through infographics and mapping. Effective visual representations translate complex data into straight-forward intelligible information for an audience of specialists and non-specialists. Further, data visualization and maps often illuminate key data trends and relationships that are otherwise hidden in numbers and text. iMMAP’s cartography, graphic design, and data visualization experts employ spatial representation and design principals to present situational and operational information in meaningful and actionable formats.
- DATABASE MANAGEMENT: To ensure sustainable data storage, sharing, and maintenance, our experts use database technologies appropriate to the user’s context, designed to facilitate ease of data collection, verification, analysis, reporting and sharing. iMMAP’s data management services are customized to address needs of interoperability, security and confidentiality, property rights, and the life cycle of data. The iMMAP team disseminates data and information, and/or provides controlled access, based on the security and confidentiality needs associated with the information. When necessary, iMMAP aggregates information products up to an appropriate scale prior to release.
- TRAINING AND MONITORING: We tailor training packages and curricula to support specific needs and interests including data management, assessment and survey, humanitarian access and safety, as well as specific tool- and service-focused modules. Training and capacity development activities are provided at the individual, organizational, and multi-organizational level, designed and delivered to enable sustainable information management and evidence-based decision-making.
Trainings are customized for various levels of experience and expertise. Core Information Management Training sessions are available to provide general skills and knowledge of information management. Advanced Information Management Training is available for database managers and GIS specialists to enhance the use of new technologies and improve the coordination process. Mentoring programs provide support in the development and implementation of specific information systems.
TOOLS DEVELOPMENT: iMMAP designs and develops applications and tools with multiple and complementary functionalities. iMMAP promotes and enhances open source solutions, and also offer internally developed, fully customizable and interoperable solutions for:
- Data collection (mobile and remote)
- Data storage and archival
- Data analysis and visualization
- Report generation and distribution
- Data sharing and information dissemination
- CONSULTATION AND STRATEGY: iMMAP provides information management expertise through consultation to successfully position our partners to employ information management tools and techniques, covering topics including: • IM strategy development • Data management and work flows • Process re-engineering • Systems selection and interoperability • Monitoring and evaluation